Monday, June 22, 2015

Jenn’s Journey from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Good morning, friends, here's hoping you had a nice weekend and were able to stay cool in this heat! Summer is really here, isn't it? This weekend we celebrated dads and all they do for us. I am blessed with a great dad and I am thankful for him. I know not everyone can say that, for often our earthly fathers let us down. Thank goodness we can turn to our Heavenly Father anytime!!!

A few months back I made a decision to leave a dental office I had worked in for many years. I'd seen a lot changes and some of those were not a good fit for me. This was not an easy decision as I loved my patients, many of whom had become friends. I knew I had a job waiting for me in a few months, but I had to look very carefully at my finances before taking this step.

I was a bit nervous, because even though I'd carefully considered most things in this decision, there is always the unexpected. Through prayer and talking with a few of my wise and trusted friends, I knew God was leading me to go this way.  He has blessed me in the past and I felt He'd continue doing so. He has given me the opportunity to be an almost-always stay-at-home mom, which was a dream of mine. I've been able to spend more quiet time with Him as well, and that is definitely something that money cannot buy!

My new job begins in August so I decided that I would just enjoy the summer with my daughter. Once school begins again, I'd get serious about finding more hours. In the meantime, I was called to do some temp hours for a friend, a confirmation that God was watching out for me. I have to admit that sometimes I started to feel worried…my mind filled with questions: How will I find work that allows me to still be present for V? Will I have to look further from home again? What if I can't find more hours?

Then...the other day, I was driving home from the store and I got a call. It was the office where I am to start working in August…long story short, the office manager was calling to offer me more hours! Would you believe that they are dream hours? Hours that allow me to drop my daughter off at school as well as be available to pick her up shortly after school gets out? I got chills! I knew, once again, that God has worked out an answer to prayer, and I am amazed. Why am I amazed? He's done this for me before. How quickly I forget all the good He does.

There's a verse that I was reminded of; it's found in Philippians 4:19: "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”

What do you need? Is there something that you need God to do for you?  Because my “God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

Until next week, be blessed,

JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment