Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday’s Trench Lessons 4 Life

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Welcome back to our Tuesday’s Trench Lessons with Lea! Grab your coffee and your Strand of Faith and let’s go see what she has for us today!

What would the movie of your life look like? What would it be rated? Would it be a romance, comedy, or horror flick? Who would be your “target audience”?

I wonder how we would feel, what we would do, how we would live, if others could actually see how we live and behave in our own homes; in other words, could I even sit thru the movie of my life? As I was thinking this I thought about every time I lost my temper, ate the wrong thing, or made the wrong choice. I was embarrassed to think about that “movie.” That led me to this thought: Why doesn't this same behavior embarrass me in front of my own family? The answer that I have come to realize is this: Unconditional Love. If my husband tells a lie, or my kids break my favorite collectible, I still love them without hesitation. I believe the same applies to me. My husband and children love me, in spite of my weaknesses.

During this whole thought process, I began to think about those movies that show the people passing away, and a big movie projector showing them their life. I know I’ve been to memorial services where there was a sort of movie made of their life…of course only the good times.

We know that the scriptures tell us we will all be judged at the last day. So will my projector be showing all the times I yelled at the kids, or had anger toward my husband? Will it show all the bad words that fly out of my mouth when I am at the end of my rope with all the inconsiderate drivers? Will it show the hundreds of thousands of times in my life when I have committed a sin? If it did, I don't think there would be much hope for me!
Before we all just throw our hands up in the air with despair, let us turn to the scriptures. Isaiah 43:25 which states: I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Isn't that such a beautiful thing? Not only did Jesus die to forgive us, but He goes a step farther by forgetting them as well. It is truly like they never happened! Isn't that thought so freeing?

Don’t get me wrong; this does not give us a free pass to just do whatever we want, and then ask for forgiveness. He knows what is in our hearts. But because He loves us unconditionally, we are freed!

When the reel of my life plays, it will just be my greatest hits! It will show all the people I loved, and all the times I decided to choose the right! My movie will be beautiful, because my life is beautiful. I hold on to that knowledge, and have hope for the future. Please join me in this knowledge and hope!

Until next week...I love you

LeaLea

No comments:

Post a Comment