Friday, July 10, 2015

Faith Filled Fridays From Croley’s Corner of Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
“For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.”  Romans 14:18

Godly living is characterized by living a life pleasing to God, although there are times when we worry about pleasing man, instead of pleasing Him.

Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour. Today’s topic used to hit home many years ago and sometimes....just sometimes, it tries to raise its head, so grab your coffee, journal and your heart and see what He has for us today!
I recognized a long time ago one of my character flaws has always been trying to please others. This “flaw” goes as far back as a child growing up. I just wanted to be accepted. There were times I would go to great lengths and my actions were contrary to my belief in Christ. Yes, the word “compromise” can sometimes be mistaken for “pleasing people.” The word “no” was not in my vocabulary and during those times I learned some hard and difficult lessons.  Looking back, I can see how I felt inadequate, insecure and was so full of fear, rejection and failure. Yes, if you can believe that! Whatever it was that moved me, I wanted to make sure I never let anyone down….therefore trying to please so many caused a crack in some of my relationships from friends to family! Pleasing others often brought disappointments and dissatisfaction and the sad part for me was I had to live up to a whole different way of expectations…. to “please others!”

A People Pleaser is one of the nicest and most helpful people you will ever know. I, for the most part, could never say “no” and most assuredly you can always count on me for a favor.  In fact, I spent a great deal of time doing things for other people. Yet I always walked away feeling empty frustrated and full of regrets...imagine that!

However my insecurities and feeling of inadequacies were only lies from the enemy, and that’s his job; he sometimes does it very well, not to give him any credit.  Therefore let us not fall prey to the lies of the enemy…he only brings disapproval!!!

We’re not going to please everyone and the truth be known, it is almost impossible to please everyone.  What may please people today may displease them tomorrow. We must first please God alone for He is who examines our hearts, our motives and our deepest thoughts. All of our motives are constantly without a veil for the sake of the cross and it’s in that, that it’s gaining others for the Kingdom. Now that’s what you call everlasting “Pleasing God!” Oh what a valuable lesson learned.

Pleasing God always brings fullness of joy, blessings, wisdom, peace, comfort, strength, it grows our faith…which turns to hope and with that hope it brings confidence. Be assured that when we speak to others or do for others we’re not after crowd-pleasing approval….but God-praising approval. For we speak as messengers from God, But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.” 1 Thessalonians 2:4
Paul reminds us…” that you (and I) may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;” Colossians 1:10.

I no longer worry or fret about pleasing man and my insecurities are no longer valid. I’ve been set free to please...please Him in all that I do and of course, say!!

Until next week... and remember to keep Him close to your heart!

Debbie Croley PicLove, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment