Friday, July 17, 2015

Faith Filled Fridays From Croley’s Corner of Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. Psalm 86:11

Good Morning! So thankful today is Friday and I’m off to a great start; literally while walking, yes another walking blog. Grab your coffee, journal and let’s see what He has for us today!

Just recently my husband and I were on vacation and we still continued to do our daily walks.  I seemed to notice all the cracks in the sidewalk from small ones to large ones that were filled with all kinds of debris. I know it sounds pretty strange, but I seemed to notice them more than usual. I was trying to concentrate on where my feet were landing; however, I was distracted for a few seconds long enough while trying to avoid stumbling or falling and then it happened! I walked right into a divot and down I went. I first looked to see if anyone saw me and then checked to see if I was hurt and thank goodness my husband was there to help pick me up and that’s all it took for me, spiritually!!! 

Have you ever tried walking with someone and your steps were not in sync and you then find yourself out of step you try to skip a step or two just to gain the same walking stride as the person you’re walking with? Although there have been times I’ve found myself lagging behind and I too have had to skip or hop a bit in order to find myself in step with my husband. We chuckle about walking in harmony and swinging our arms in the same motion trying to get back in sync with one another; yes, that’s considered walking in unity!
In the book of Ephesians Paul beseeches us to walk worthy of the calling in which we were called. He’s appealing to every believer to fully understand the process needed to attain unity and spiritual maturity in the Body.  He then goes on to tell us to walk in love, to walk in the Light and finally to prepare ourselves for battle.

You say ”Battle?” Yes, you and I battle the flesh day in and day out, even that can be challenging, but so thankful for God’s word that abides in us. John 15:6-10
Every principle that He has given us to live by is found in His word in order for the cracks in our lives to be filled. Be filled with unity, love, walking in the Light of Christ, walk in wisdom having the bond of peace for there is one body, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is above all and through all and in you all.”

If we are we walking worthy of our calling; “with ALL lowliness and gentleness with long suffering bearing one another in love” then we can honestly say we are truly walking in unity. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1

Till next week …Remember to keep Him close to your heart.
Debbie Croley PicLove Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment