Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday’s Trench Lessons 4 Life

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
I have been feeling pretty lost and alone in life. I feel like, although I have many plans, I am going nowhere fast. I overwhelm myself with a to-do list a mile long. There are schedules I want to implement with the kids. I would like to practice decorating pastries so I can open my own small business. I have a goal to study the scriptures every day, without fail. I have many suggestions that would help my husband and me to get along better, and to spend more time together. I have idea after idea of things that would improve the house, and help it run smoother.

I think of tons of things that could possibly enhance the enjoyment of my life, but I am frozen in uncertainty. I put such pressure on myself to get these things done, and to do them to perfection, that I do not even take the first step to accomplish them. If I were to just rely on myself, and stop here, I know I will continue to feel lost and alone. Thankfully, I have a wonderful family, great friends, and a loving Heavenly Father!

I have been guided in my life these last few months. There have been awesome people placed in my life to encourage me. I have had to face situations recently that have helped me grow stronger and wiser. I have been pushed out of my comfort zone. And you know what? I have absolutely loved it! I have begun to accept the fact that the Lord is on my side, and everything will work out the way it should. With that knowledge, I have felt less alone, less lost.

I have also been guided to serve. If you are ever feeling down about your situation, help someone else with theirs!!! I was prompted by the Spirit multiple times to help out a few friends, and I was blessed immeasurably by it. All I had set out to do was help my friend, but I received the blessing. Isn't it so beautiful how that works?

There are many places in the scriptures that speak of charity and service, but there are two that I was guided to share with you. The first is...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are in the service of your God. And the second is found in 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. Actually, chapter 13 in its entirety is super awesome. If we don't have charity, we have nothing. I just wanted to share that and tell you that charity can be the smallest thing. If out of the blue, you think about a friend that you haven't talked to in a while, send a little card in the mail, or give them a call to see how they are. If you have a feeling that someone needs a visit from you, find the time and stop by. I have found when I am struggling the most human contact is the biggest help. Hug someone. Smile at someone. Say, “It is such a beautiful day today” to a complete stranger. Compliment someone with no desire of reciprocation! Consideration and joy are the biggest gifts you can share with your fellow humans. Please try to share of yourself this week, and notice how you will be blessed by it.

LeaLea

No comments:

Post a Comment