Friday, September 11, 2015

Croley’s Corner @ Chicklit Power  

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
2 Timothy 4:7 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”

I’m grateful that you’ve taken the time out of your busy day to rest for a few minutes so grab your favorite coffee, tea or cool beverage and join me as we soon find we may be in need of some new running shoes and a word of encouragement!

I’ve always loved sports, preferably hockey or soccer; however I’m game for many others. At times I’ve been a spectator and on few occasions I’ve played on a team. I may not have been the best in my field however I embraced it with great passion and endured till the end!  Oh of course there were times I found others condescending towards me (my reputation preceded me --lol! I’m like Lucille Ball) however I was determined with all that was within me to finish the race, contrary to the opinions of others!

Paul encourages us in 1 Corinthians 9:24 that we are striving for a crown; “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.” Our journey as believers, as we just read, is compared to a sport in some way. As with all various sports each contender must have a trainer in order to be trained and that would require someone who has experience and knowledge of the sport.  Whether they are being trained as a team player with a position that is important to the entire team or if you are likened unto a wrestler who stands alone in his profession.  Let’s use that last example.
Wrestling is considered a single person’s sport with an opposing challenger. He has to know his moves to be able to take down his opponent; nevertheless he may not necessarily know his opponent’s moves yet he has total faith in his trainer who has taught him the right moves and positions in order to take down his opponent. And when he fully understands his trainer and position he soon experiences victory.

Even as a team sport, everyone usually knows what position they are supposed to play as far as defense, offence, forward, etcetera, and with that in mind they are always striving for the goal the entire time they are playing; the prize has been set before them.

I also know that the entire team is not always out on the playing field. Some may be on the sidelines or bench for various reasons; perhaps they’ve had an injury that may require some healing. However it doesn’t take them away from the game. They still encourage the team as a whole! You get what I’m saying? We can either take ourselves out or stay in the game’ the choice really is ours to finish the race just as it says in 2nd Timothy 4:7.

We are all in this race together; perhaps some are running; some are walking; some are resting; and, yes, some are wounded just waiting for someone to restore them back into the race! Let us not be so into our own selves that we miss those that are in need of further training or help in this race. Proverbs 27:17 encourages us to know this truth in this way: “As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friends.”  When you see someone maybe on the sidelines, it doesn’t disqualify him or her from the race; they just may need a little extra encouragement!!

Have a super weekend and be aware of your teammates...and remember to keep Him close to your heart.

Debbie Croley PicLove, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment