Monday, September 7, 2015

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Happy Labor Day and thanks for joining me for our Coffee Hour.
 I don't know about you but I am having a hard time believing we are already celebrating Labor Day! Summer is my favorite, heat and all. But, the change of seasons is inevitable, and each brings with it something unique. Can't help but think that is kind of like the seasons of life.

Last week's blog kind of took it out of me. I sit here, wondering how to get more of my story out...and I have to admit, I am having a difficult time. It's hard to put into words. When I first began to understand that I'd been in an abusive relationship, it was like I was coming out of a thick fog. I wrote something a few years ago that I want to share with you today:

"I am on a cliff. Sometimes I am not sure how I got to the edge. I think I've run, though at times it felt as though my trudging would never get me here. I glance over my shoulder where my eyes look into the dark forest behind me. My eyes want to stay on the creeping darkness from which I've come. It's almost as though it holds me captive.
I tear my eyes away and look below, over the edge of the cliff. I see nothing but swirling, light clouds. Each time I look, the light beneath the clouds shines brighter. I pause, caught between the dark behind, and the light below."

In some sense, I am still on that cliff. But, the dark forest is further behind me, and the light below is brighter.  I spend more time looking at the light than I do the dark, though some days it is still a struggle. One day soon, I am going to take the chance and jump off into the swirling light. Over the past week, a verse has been in my head constantly…"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

I’m counting on His Word, His promises to carry me toward the light and to keep me from the darkness from which I’ve escaped! Thanks for joining me today.

Until next week, be blessed,
JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment