Thursday, September 24, 2015

Paws for Coffee Hour

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Thanks so much for stopping by for our PAWS for Coffee Hour. I just love reading what Jenn pulls out from her life experiences with her four-legged babies. I mean there are so many diamonds we can gain from our dogs! Grab your coffee and yes, even your strand of faith and come on in for a few!

My dog can open doors…… or at least he tries to. I recently had a party.  Logan still acts like a big puppy around new people so I put him in my bathroom.  It is a large bathroom and he sleeps in there at night so I thought he would be comfortable there.  I’m sure that the difference, in his mind, is that at night the door is open and so the closed door became a barrier to conquer.  I am sure, through his acute hearing, he realized that fun was going on without him.  Huskies are known as the Houdini’s of the dog world and I believe it.  He can open his crate mysteriously.  I am sure if I put him in a straight jacket, he would find a way out.  When I let him out after the party was over I noticed something strange about my door handle.  It had teeth marks on it!  I realized that he is smart enough to notice that the handle was the way out.  What he attempted to do took intelligence and determination. 

It is the determination that most struck me.  I have been in situations where I felt barricaded in mentally and emotionally.  While the Lord is my strength, I also know that I need to have the will to move beyond obstacles.  One of the definitions of determination is “a firm or fixed intention to achieve a desired end.”  Jeremiah 29:11 tell us “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” This reminds me that that stuck, pinned in place is not of Him.  It is true that we need to learn from that place but we also must learn how to move past it and not take up residence there.   

The moral of this week’s PAWS for Coffee Hour is: Know that God always provides a way for us to move past closed doors

Learning to be more determined,

IMG_0633Jen & Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment