Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday’s Trench Lesson

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Welcome to our time today! Have you ever had a rough day and thought you just couldn’t handle another thing? Well, come on in for some transparent sharing; that’s what the journey is all about, being able to share the good and the not-so-good!
You’ve got to be Kidding Me!

I am having a rough morning today my friends! My car has been in the shop for over a month so my whole family is sharing my husband's little Honda car. I am thankful that we have a vehicle that works to get him to work, and get the kids to school; don't get me wrong! I just miss my car. I miss just being able to go about our days without coordinating every single step in everyone's life! But…I received good news yesterday. My car should be ready to come home today. I should be having the best day ever, yet I am not. Let me explain.

I was very tired this morning. I am still recovering from a bad case of bronchitis, and I was running around last night at the high school’s back-to-school night, along with picking my husband up from work afterwards at 10. When I left the house to take the kids to school today, I left in my pajamas, without my phone. This is your first clue that something horrible is about to happen! I dropped off my high school kids; then turned the corner to head over to the elementary school when our faithful little Honda just refused to accelerate…at all. Picture this: Here I am on a busy boulevard, trying to pull to the side of the road with no means of acceleration! I didn't make it all the way, and was about halfway into the lane of traffic. I put my emergency lights on so people could see that I am in trouble, and I look for my phone to call for help.

If you will recall, I left my cell phone sitting comfortably at home today. So, I think to myself, maybe if I turn the car off, then turn it back on, it will just magically work. I am about to say a little prayer when this lady rolls slowly by my car, staring me down, and then lays on her horn, glaring at me the whole way. Well, that was enough to send me bursting into tears wondering what she thought I was doing with my flashers on and in the middle of the street. I must have just wanted to cause a traffic jam to make my day happy! Ha. Then I figured she must be having a pretty bad day herself, and maybe running late to something important.
As I had that thought, I realized that if this had occurred a year ago, I would have been screaming like a mad woman out my window yelling naughty words at her and being in a rage all morning long; but today, it just hurt my feelings, but I was able to show her compassion.

Victory for me! I began to feel better. I tried to restart the car, and it did begin to work. I had to repeat that process two more times to get my “littles” to school and get myself home, but we all made it safely. When I got home, I explained what happened to my husband, and he was calm, and said we will just do our best to figure out what to do next. This is another small victory and for those of you that know my husband, you can attest!

All of this reminded me of a conversation I had with my 15-year-old son, and also a scripture. The scripture is Matthew 11:28-30: “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls, for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I am taking my rest, learning from Him, and leaning on Him. I can’t wait to share with you next week about the conversation with my son which definitely answers the question, why are we here on earth.

Until then,
LeaI love you. ~Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment