Monday, November 30, 2015

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Good morning! Happy Monday. It was nice to have some time off, to enjoy family and friends…and some yummy food! I'm still in thankful mode with so many things to thank God for. I hope to keep counting my blessings as the year goes on. Thanks for joining me today.
Yesterday was a tough day for me as a mom. It seemed that the whining would not end! If it was not over one thing, it was over something else. Nothing was right or pleasing to the little miss. She had gotten in her mind that she had to have a certain ice cream called Dippin' Dots. We've only ever found it at amusement parks. All day long I heard about this ice cream and there was even a tantrum involved. By the time the day was over, I'd been yelled at, blamed and told I was the meanest mom ever, all because I could not fulfill the request for Dippin' Dots! (I did promise I'd find her the ice cream at some point.) Mama had to go in a time-out to collect her wits and patience. Lots of prayers involved!

By this morning, I decided I would find her that ice cream and we'd get it as a treat after some errands that had to be done. I let her know ahead of time that she had a surprise coming. The excitement on her face once I finally let her know what the surprise was, well, it was priceless. I could ALMOST forget the complaining of the day before. After we bought it, and she was enjoying her treat, I sat her down and told her, "I want you to remember something. I can't always get you what you want at the moment you want it. But I will always do my best to keep my promises…like I did today, getting you this treat."

I was thinking about the situation this afternoon. How like little kids we are when it comes to our requests of God. We ask Him things expecting an answer right now, or we get mad because He seems silent. We call Him mean and accuse Him of not hearing or caring. We pout and cry. I bet, like me, He sometimes sheds tears as He watches our behavior. I bet He wishes we'd know He loves us even when answers don't come how or when we expect.
My daughter did tell me "Thanks, mom, for buying me Dippin' Dots. These are so yummy! I am so excited I got some." It made my day, and warmed my heart. This season is all about remembering what God has done for us. He's allowed us to live in a free country, founded by people who feared and trusted God. He came to this earth many years before that, to live and die as a human, so we can one day live in complete freedom with Him.

Have you thanked Him lately? Have I? Have I said "Thank you Father, for all the things You have given me? I am so glad I got them?" It's said that thankfulness is a pathway to happiness. I want to be on that path! I leave you with this verse, which came to my mind this afternoon: "So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him." Luke 11:13

Until next week, be blessed,

JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment