Monday, November 9, 2015

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Good morning friends and happy Monday!:) I hope your weekend was a beautiful one.

The other day I was talking with a friend who I've known since elementary school. We were discussing how wonderful it is to have friends we've known since childhood. The conversation turned to wondering what so and so is up to nowadays, and trading stories. From there, we talked about some of our own choices and where those have led our lives. Both of us expressed how we wished some of those choices had been different!

It's nice to have friends I can be transparent with. I am so blessed. (This is one more thing to add to the thankful list this season.) This particular friend and I have been reminding each other to keep our requests before God and allow Him to lead in our lives, as well as to watch for the signs that He is listening. I reminded her that He thinks we are His masterpieces. Her response was, "Well, I am a mosaic for sure." What great insight!

I got to thinking about that so I looked it up. Here is one definition of a mosaic: "At the most simple definition, mosaic is ‘a picture or other design constructed from smaller pieces.’ As well as the subject and style of the design, it is the choice of materials, plus the skill in creating and placing the pieces that contribute to the personal, artistic and practical value of the mosaic. A special feature is that the pieces are normally solid and durable."
If you've ever seen a mosaic, you know that they are usually very beautiful. Even the ones that don't make up a particular picture are incredibly pretty.

“Broken pieces made into something beautiful.” I love this visual.  It's what God promises in Romans 8:28: "We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him, to those who are called according to His purpose."

It may take a while to see the good He's working out. Maybe others will see the beauty before we do. The good news is we won't be disappointed with the end result.

Until next week, be blessed.

JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment