Thursday, November 12, 2015

Paws for Coffee Hour

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Welcome to PAWS for Coffee Hour and thanks for stopping by! Grab your coffee and your four-legged friend and join us for another cute dog story with some powerful spiritual significance. I just love how Jenn does this!

I’m Being Tempted….Again?

Last week I shared about my dog Logan’s antics when he wanted something he couldn’t have.  Well, I’m here to say that as smart as he is….he just doesn’t learn sometimes. 

My church had a huge harvest party last weekend.  Needless to say we have human treats galore in our house.  Logan can get up on the counter so I have to be creative where I hide things.  Unfortunately my youngest son forgets this.  I started finding wrappers on the floor and scolded my son for not picking up after himself.   He claimed it wasn’t him.  All I did was look at Logan and he went running up the stairs as fast as possible.  In a few hours Logan had an accident on the rug…the result of eating candy. 
My second thought (won’t share my first) was maybe he will stop getting into the candy.  Well, Logan seems to be ruled by smell and taste.  Come the next day, he did the same thing happened! It made me think of how many times I do this with the things that aren’t good for me. Do you ever catch yourself doing this?

We return to things that will harm us physically, mentally or spiritually, like overeating, self-medicating, alcohol; you get the picture?  We rationalize “well, it’s not that big of a deal,” or “So and so at church does the same thing,” or “I’ll be better tomorrow.”  But this is where the enemy will sneak in to keep us trapped in what tempts us instead of focusing on what the Lord has called us to do.  The enemy wants us to isolate ourselves, be independent from God. 

In Logan’s case he knew he would get in trouble if someone was around so he waited until he was alone.  If we pretend we don’t need something we are powerless to prevent the need for it.  If you open yourself up to God and others about your weakness it is not a loss; it’s a win. It shows you can trust in God and allow Him to rule over that area of your life.  “When I am weak, then I am strong because I am not depending on myself any longer, but upon God Himself” (2 Cor. 12:9-10). 

Put your focus on the one you can depend on; every minute can be one more minute of victory! 

Fighting temptation,

File Sep 25, 5 33 53 PMJenn and Logan!

No comments:

Post a Comment