Friday, February 5, 2016

Freedom Fridays

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
It’s Friday!!!! Welcome to our new Friday series Freedom Fridays…I know you are going to love what Jennifer brings to us each Friday, another step closer to freedom! Grab your coffee and your strand of faith and come on in!!!

Who are you listening to?

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  Romans 10:17

Faith is complete trust or confidence in someone or something.  We can have faith in anything.  Faith is not about belief. It has very little to do with what beliefs you hold, other than that it allows you to hold them.

So…if we are not hearing the word of God…who are we listening to?

I must admit that sometimes I listen to the lies that my past experiences have taught me.  My faith in humans has been broken; the hurt runs deep.  I occasionally allow the hurt and pain to speak (sometimes relentlessly) into my day.  My faith is in what I am not and what I can’t do because of what I am hearing.  Some call it negative self-talk.

It helps to keep an eye on the things you tell yourself, and challenge some of the negative aspects of your thinking.  This goes back to last week’s blog about taking every thought captive.  There are many scriptures that illustrate what can happen inside of our head and ways to fill your inner being with the things of God.

Proverbs 23:7 says, "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" (NKJV). In other words, we become what we think. Or, as I like to say, where the mind goes, the man follows. It was a breakthrough to understand that my problems had a lot to do with a negative, critical, suspicious, judgmental mindset, and I didn't have to just think any thought that fell into my mind. I could think about what I wanted to think about on purpose.

The best thing we can do is renew our minds with the Word of God so we can think like He thinks and experience His good plan for our lives. Hearing the word of God helps us believe and fill our minds with the right things, the true things.

Romans 12:2 says, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (NKJV).

When you spend time hearing the Word and renewing your mind with the Truth, it helps set your mind in the right direction so you can have more victory in your life. And as this new way of thinking gradually renews your mind, it dilutes the old thinking and transforms your perspectives and attitudes.

So… who are you listening to?  Who do you need to be listening to?  My prayer is that you will build your faith in God and listen to the truths He speaks into you and wash away the lies.

File Dec 26, 5 59 35 AMJennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment