Monday, February 15, 2016

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Good morning! Thank you for being here with me this morning. Have a cup of coffee or tea and join me in some of my reflections.

Last weekend, my daughter and I took a mini vacation. We went to see family that happens to live in the Eastern Sierras.

This year there is finally some snow on those beautiful mountains. A weekend away was just what the doctor ordered.

The plan was to go sledding with the cousins. My daughter could not wait to play in the snow. She's done it before but she was so little she doesn't remember. The spot we picked to do this at was a little valley with huge stony mountains surrounding us. The snow turned out to be kind of wet, so after a couple of rides down the hill, the kids turned to playing in the snow. My girl decided she was going to climb a hill, deeming it a mountain, and off she went. I've never seen her withblog pic quite as much determination as she had! When she was halfway up, she turned and called to me, "Mom, do you want to come with me on the adventure?"
The plan was to go sledding with the cousins. My daughter could not wait to play in the snow. She's done it before but she was so little she doesn't remember. The spot we picked to do this at was a little valley with huge stony mountains surrounding us. The snow turned out to be kind of wet, so after a couple of rides down the hill, the kids turned to playing in the snow. My girl decided she was going to climb a hill, deeming it a mountain, and off she went. I've never seen her with quite as much determination as she had! When she was halfway up, she turned and called to me, "Mom, do you want to come with me on the adventure?"
Of course, I wanted to join her! So up I went. I must say it didn't feel so easy even though it was not that big of a hill. At the top, we stood there and looked down into the small valley filled with snow and rocks. It made me think.I've been in a valley recently. Like that valley it is filled with and surrounded by stones. Some of these stones are getting in my way. They block my path and the hill seems insurmountable. At times, I don't even want to start the trek. I look up, and see the light shining over the top. Somewhere inside of me, there is the call, "Do you want to go on an adventure?" One foot in front of the other and up I go. Surprisingly, some of those formidable stones give me a foothold on the side of the hill.

I'm not out of the valley yet. I've yet to see the view from the top. What counts is the determination to get there. I look towards the light and keep on climbing. Perhaps you are in a valley too. My challenge to you is, keep looking up…keep moving towards the light.

"Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain." Isaiah 40:4

Until next week, be blessed.

JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment