Friday, November 24, 2017

Faith Filled Friday with Ashley


Waiting…
Welcome to Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United and Ashley Zito, our new writer for Fridays! I’m so excited to have her on the blog team! She truly writes Spirit inspired from her heart to yours! Grab your favorite break-time drink and come on in.
Just the other day, my heart and mind were focused on my husband’s current working situation, and as I began my devotional for the day, I couldn’t believe how He met me there, in the midst of my questioning and wondering about our current situation. I was reading in Genesis 22:2 (ESV) where God spoke to Abraham and told him “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
Here’s what struck me: When God called Abraham, he went without any hesitation, without questioning. He faithfully went. When God promised Abraham a child and then He told him to wait…and he waited…and waited…and waited.
What do we do when God tells us to wait? When He says wait, we must do so. Why? It’s God’s simplicity. See, He says, “Trust and know – through experience – that I am God for I see and think in ways you could never comprehend. Wait!
Oh, but Lord, our hearts cry! How much longer? And yet, His answer is simple: trust. See, our flesh gets in the way of God’s simplicity. Oh, if we would only take God’s commands to heart and do as He says, for His heart’s desire is the very best for you and me. The enemy, our adversary, uses our own flesh against us, so what must we do? Take up the full armor of God and defeat the lies of the Beast that we would not let him hide the blessings and promises of God from ourselves.
One of the most powerful pieces of that armor…The Sword of the Spirit: The Word of God. Why do we shy away from it when It’s for our wisdom and guidance…to use in walking toward any victory! For Jesus has already conquered the ultimate obstacle that was meant to separate us from Him forever: death.
As I finished up my devotional, I was filled with such a presence and couldn’t help but saying, Oh, Praise You, Yahweh! We will wait or go when you command us to for there is none like you. Use us Lord to spread your love and glory even though we can’t see where we are going.
I am comforted knowing that His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are His ways our ways (Isaiah 55:8) and I am encouraged to take up the whole armor of God that we may be able to withstand any temptation to move before He commands, to stand firm in His calling, fastening on the belt of truth, putting on the breastplate of righteousness, and as shoes for our feet, putting on the readiness which comes from the gospel, and in all circumstances, in every time of waiting, taking up the shield of faith for it is then that we can extinguish all flaming darts of the adversary. We will keep on our helmet of salvation and live by the sword of the Spirit, praying at all times…even in the waiting.
Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment