Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thursday’s Trench Truth





Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power & to a beautiful Thankful Thursday with Trench Classes United. This is Kat Lange again…Let’s get real.

So put on some comfy clothes (preferably yoga pants, an oversized sweater and some slippers… my personal faves), grab a venti extra hot Pumpkin Spice Latte and stay a while.

Truth runs deeper than a lie so let’s just lay it all out. I have kept no secrets that I am bipolar and I have depression and ADHD. It is so hard at times to deal with this emotional and physical roller coaster but you know what I have discovered… mercy is waiting on the other side… if I am honest.  I truly feel that I was given this gift to be transparent and to tell my story. Too often we are hushed like it’s a bad thing. Why?? Why should I hurt in silence when I can voice it??  Since I have been diagnosed I have found that my mental challenges are so prevalent around me and it isn’t something any of us should be ashamed of. We aren’t doing anyone any favors by keeping it silent and in the shadows.

I have accepted that I have to work through this and learn to use it.  God has given a purpose to my pain and a reason for my struggle.  I consider it a gift to share my feelings.  And although at times I am hurting, I pause; take a deep breath and say a prayer to my friend, my God, my Father.  I thank God for showing me that I am alive, that I have a purpose and that it is ok to not be ok sometimes.
In this roller coaster life I have learned to have faith and trust in Him.  I have learned to be a transparent person; a person not emotionally blocked by the constraints of a culture thriving on the perfectionist blanket of any form of media.  I must always remember to thrive in diversity: difference in thought, emotion, appearance, motive, heart, faith and love.

Transparency is the key; hope is the way, and faith is the guiding principle.  Love…well, that is the universal language that unites us.  It is our words and actions are what make us stand out for things that matter.

Thank you, Lord, for my purpose.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to fulfill his good purpose.  Philippians 2:13

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  Proverbs 3:5-6
And in everything you do… Let your faith be bigger than your fear.

Love,
Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment