Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday’s Trench Truth


Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power & to another beautiful & Thankful Thursday with Trench Classes United.
This is Kat Lange again…Let’s get real.
Put on some comfy clothes (preferably yoga pants, an oversized sweater and some fuzzy socks… my personal faves), grab a venti extra hot Caramel Brulee Latte and stay a while.
Grudges, gossip, animosity, resentment...I don’t think any of those solve any problems. 
Has it helped you?  I am just curious to know if you have ever felt better after holding a grudge?  Has anyone ever said, “Yeah, I don’t like that person” and then been content with themselves in that moment?  Has anyone’s heart been fulfilled when bad-mouthing his or her enemies?
The way I see it is… what’s the point of holding on to the hurt?
Let us not get so caught up in cultural conversation that we forget our true calling. Instead, may the peace of God saturate our hearts and tender our words to one another in kindness.  Not forgiving others leads to instability, in relationships and within our own selves.  Bitterness makes the bones and heart rot.
“In fact, not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.” Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith (1999)
Like anyone else, I have hurts from my past.  To be honest, learning to love and let go is such an emotionally arduous task.  Trying to anchor myself in forgiveness is a hard pill to swallow.  I have to learn that in the end what they did says more about them as a person and I will no longer play into that selfishness.  It is an uphill battle for sure but one that my faith in the Lord is helping me to climb.
I have had to come to terms with how I hurt myself in my past and who I am today and the beauty is: I am ok with me!  My goal is transparency and my hope is for healing.  And as I go through my struggles I realize that there is no way I can move forward with this bitterness in my heart.  Forgiveness is a hard journey, for sure, but one that is so worth it.
Joy cannot thrive in a bitter heart.  Hope cannot flourish in a toxic mind.  True happiness cannot be present where anger resides.  Optimism for a better future can breed the desire for forgiveness.  Do not dwell in the dark places of your pain instead lift your eyes to the light and to the love.
Ephesians 4:32: “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Thank you for reading friends…
Love,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment