Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday’s Mantra



I met an elderly lady while grocery shopping for a Thanksgiving turkey. She told me she had lost her husband a year and a half ago and how horribly difficult it had been for her to be without him. She would get up every morning and just go through the motions of her day. Until one day, while listening to her favorite Country Western radio station, she heard Carrie Underwood’s beautiful voice belt out, “Jesus, Take the Wheel.”

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and Megan’s Monday Mantra with Trench Classes United.

The, now impassioned, elderly lady continued to tell me she had started to ask “Jesus to take the wheel” all of the time, and even though she still missed her husband, she had places to be … like sharing her story with me in the middle of a busy grocery store aisle!

It all sounds so simple, too simple…but, it works! I’ve tried it J

Truthfully, it is simply too easy to lose sight of Jesus. A difficult decision, running behind schedule, reshuffling of plans, an unexpected emergency, even a misplaced cell phone, can easily distract our focus away from Him. Yet, these are the very times we need to call on Him. Truthfully, all times are the very times we need to call on Jesus.  He promised to keep our steps steady by His word. He promised that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

All we need to do is ask...

“Jesus, take the wheel; take it from my hands
Cause I can’t do this on my own. I’m letting go,
So give me one more chance and save me from this road I’m on …

Jesus, take the wheel

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment