Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and thanks for taking the time out to join me for more of this series, one that combines the past with the present.
As I write this for you today, I am bursting with joy, literally, at the turn of events that have continued to take place, transforming me from the inside out; however, I can’t share those just yet. I will share this one thing, though that I shared with my husband just a couple nights ago. We were at dinner and I was kind of there and kind of marveling over this whole season with Bryden and apparently, I must have been shaking my head because he says, “What?” His voice gently pulled me back to dinner with him and with tears threatening to spill out of my eyes I told him that despite how painful it all was I wouldn’t trade this season with Bryden for anything!
He looked at me with love spilling out of his eyes and said, “I can’t believe how much you’ve changed over these months. It’s amazing and it’s why I want to do all I can so you don’t have to work anymore and you can just do ministry.”
Whew, I’m crying and caught up in my weepy moment as I write this. It feels so good to feel all that I do, to be able to experience the joy after the pruning. I felt like I could fly as with wings of an eagle after he spoke those words to me, which I must add are the most powerfully kind and encouraging words he has ever spoken to me! Oh, how I can’t wait to bring you to and through what we are experiencing right now, but we still have some months to catch up on.
Papa & Nana Holds!
Papa & Nana Holds!
Two days after Christmas, George and Jene took Bryce back to T.C., but before we get there, let me emphasize that before and during his three-day pass, each of us, ever so tenderly, would mention a little something about daddy returning to his job, and then affirm that someday soon, he’d be home again and never have to work far from home again.
I remember bathing the whole visit and his departure in prayer, asking God to protect Bryden’s little heart from breaking and from any kind of anger forming against his dad. I asked God to use us to love this little boy through yet another transition for his good and for ours as well.
Don’t get me wrong; I didn’t confine all my praying to Bryden; I prayed for myself as well, that I would be a kind and gentle voice and a light of love despite all the mixed emotions I was still swimming in regarding our relationship solely and the role our relationship had/has on my marriage to his dad.
Well, I have to tell you, and I’m not being superficial, that things just go better with prayer; they really do!
Join me tomorrow for Wednesday’s Word and Thursday for more life lessons that I am learning in this season of Nana Holds.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment