Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nana Holds-From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and for more of Nana Holds. Grab your coffee and come on in.
I’m so thankful that I invited Him into this first three-day home visit because things really could have been ugly! See, unfortunately, the visit didn’t go as smooth as I had hoped, but because of the invitation I had extended to Him, He caused all things to work for our good. What I mean is Bryce and I did have a little blowup, but it was actually a launching pad to jump on the defensive wall and begin tearing it down with explanations and apologies. Usually, we both kept our feelings locked up inside and I am usually the one to explode first – and trust me, it never took too long. This time, however, I did take a little longer! Now I can see that this was necessary to happen to prepare us for things to come.
All weekend long, I had been biting my tongue, wrestling with my needs, and when one more thing happened to sort of step on my emotional foot, I screamed ouch! After screaming that ouch, I was able to recognize almost instantaneously that Bryce had shut down. While I was cooling down, God gave me a visual of a balloon deflating ever so slowly, confirming that Bryce had indeed shut down!
Well that revelation beckoned an apology, so I did the only thing I could do and apologized. Then with the grace of God, I took the opportunity that rode in on the wings of the apology to very calmly explain how he had stepped on my IMG_5223emotional feet, aka, the problem(s).
What started out as a big box of frustration for both of us became an opportunity to learn how to express ourselves and our needs without stuffing them in and letting them explode when one more just wouldn’t fit. I was and still am determined to allow God to change me and not focus on what and how others need to change in them.
When it came time for Bryce to leave, it went smoother than I could ever imagine. While holding his little boy, he stayed strong and reminded him, “Daddy’s got to go back to work again. I’ll see you soon.” And with a daddy-sized hug he whispered his love to him and Bryden’s little “O-tay” told us it really was going to be okay.
Join me Monday for more of this life-changing story.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment