Friday, May 10, 2013

Power Friday-from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power


Coffee Hour @ Chicklit PowerThanks for joining me for Coffee Hour and a power thought for your Friday. Grab your coffee and come on in!
This power thought came to me while we were on vacation in Cabo. We have a timeshare at a beautiful resort called Playa Grande, and it truly is a beautiful place. The grounds are immaculate; the views are breathtaking, and our one-bedroom is perfect for us. The service is also incredible, and humbling at the same time. Next door to Playa is their sister resort, Grand Solmar, which is extremely extravagant and lavished with all kinds of things you read about in magazines as far as amenities, service, food, et cetera. It’s beautiful, but…. Yes, I said but. I couldn’t help but be a bit homesick.

Now is that because I don’t know how to be content in the moments, I ask myself? I actually
vacation beauty
vacation beauty
pondered that for a bit and the honest answer is no, absolutely not. But if I were to live like I vacation, what would I have to look forward to, to work toward? If all I saw was beauty, would that make me insensitive to poverty, pain and sorrow? That is the motivation behind this week’s words:
If all I had was all money could buy, then I would bebankrupt
Think about it . . .
Love and laughter,
Evinda
IMG_8444-2 blogJoin me Monday for more of Coffee in Cabo!

No comments:

Post a Comment