Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wednesday’s Word from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power


Coffee Hour @ Chicklit PowerWelcome to our coffee hour and to Wednesday’s Word. I realize it’s the 1st of the month, which is normally our WOW time, but I’m still praying for direction as to which verse He wants me to share, so I’m postponing our WOW until next week. In the meantime, I do have another powerful revelation to put into words inspired by His love and patience.
Last week, George and I found ourselves in a bit of a precarious situation where we had to pray and trust instead of worry and fret. The thing that made it a lot harder is we were so far away from the situation physically speaking, so the only thing we really could do was pray. We clasped hands and did just that.
When we were done, we both got up and I began to do something – I don’t remember what, and I looked over at George and he was just standing and staring off into who knows where. I fanned my hand in front of his face to see if he would come back and at least blink, and it worked! Where did you go? I asked. “I’m just worried,” and then he did something so cool: As if God were physically there, he began to talk with Him, and refreshing his own faith with scripture. It was one of those moments in our marriage that I will savor for a long, long time.
So as I share this power thought which is a great accountability tool, I hope it helps you overcome the sin of worrying:
Worry is like a squatter: it sneaks in and tries to stay without paying rent! Serve it eviction papers!
Oh, that we would worry less and pray more . . .
Evinda
kim L

No comments:

Post a Comment