Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jeff's Java Hour from Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
 Hurry, grab your coffee and plan on staying just a little longer. I'm bursting with joy over something super exciting. I get to introduce a new series and a new blogger for CPM, someone who definitely speaks from his heart!

I am giggling right now as I get ready to introduce you to this new series beginning today called Wednesday's Word! But even more exciting is how it came to be. We have been praying for guest bloggers to join us so more than one voice is sharing time with you and God has heard our prayer and He used Facebook to do it.

See, just Friday my assistant and I were scrolling through my news feed, pretty quickly, and I saw my son's name and an out-of-the-ordinary amount of writing under it. "Stop!" I said rather abruptly to Lindsay and she scrolled back up and what I read rendered me in tears, tears of joy, tears of praise, and every other happy emotion you can sometimes only imagine! My son's emotional and spiritual healing was happening, and it was right there on the screen for all to see!

Well, then reading how everyone responded to what he wrote was another happy-tears time and when I talked with him about it the next day, suddenly it hit me: this son of mine is a writer!
"Jeff," I nearly screamed, "how about if you join the blogging team for CPM?"

His face lit up like a brand new light bulb. "Really?"

Jeff's Java Hour @ Chicklit Power is born . . . May his first words render your soul spoken to... in love!

Oh man, God is Good!!! I always, and I mean always, forget that I am saved by grace, ya know. I could never be good enough or "Christian" enough to earn what God has given through faith in His son Jesus Christ. Faith! That's it, not works.

In James, I believe chapter 4, he writes how if I have faith, true living-outside-of-my-comfort-zone faith, then my works will automatically fall in line with my belief.

I get so mad at other people sometimes thinking in my head that somehow they are different than I am, but they are not because God is still giving them air to breathe. He loves them just as much as He loves me. Even if they are not a "Christian," and don't believe or think as I do, God knew them and knit them together in their mothers' womb. He still has a plan for them no matter what that is He knows.

So I am going to make a conscious decision today to stop being so angry at people and so easily offended and so unforgiving. You know when you think of a certain person and immediately you get ticked off? Well, me too, and that means that we haven't forgiven that person. And God has told me in His word that to the extent that I am unable to forgive, I will also not be forgiven. He told me how can I say that I love Him but hate my brothers and sisters.

God's truth sometimes hurts but it brings life with it and regeneration. The moment that I am unable to except truth in my life, even if it is from someone that it is hard to hear it from, that's the moment that my heart begins to get a little harder. And you remember the story of the Pharaoh in Egypt; he hardened his heart to God and God can't work with a hard heart.

Wheeeeeew! I am sorry for all of that but my heart just threw up through my fingers and now it feels a little lighter. So in closing, all of you, my friends, keep me accountable and never stop yourself from telling me or anyone else for that matter the truth; even if it is going to hurt our feelings, we need it.

Thank you, and I love you guys.
Jeff's Java
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment