Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday's Manna from Castro's Corner @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

Happy Monday Manna,

Last Sunday, after I finished writing for Monday Manna, I drove over to Hillside Memorial Park where my Father is buried. I told him how much I missed him and I prayed that the Lord would fill me with the type of strength and joy he had during his sixteen-year battle with terminal lung cancer.
I sat in front of his headstone with my head bowed praying and reminiscing. I felt alone, but I also felt at peace; it’s amazing what type of emotions couple together when we experience the loss of a loved one. As I sat in front of his grave, I felt like the eleven-year-old boy that just lost his dad, but this time I was alone. I remember the day he passed like it was yesterday. As we sat in the front row of his memorial service, I remember thinking to myself “Now what? Who am I supposed to depend upon now? Why did God have to take MY Dad?”

Robert with Revival Life invited me to a Bible study in Yucaipa weeks prior to Father’s Day and I was asked to share my story with the Church. At first I was very nervous about sharing, but writing for all of you has helped me to step out of my shell. I eventually shared the story of my Dad and how hard his passing was on me. When I finished sharing, I was holding back tears and the Revival Life Church prayed over me. I can’t begin to articulate how moved I was. When we were finished Robert thanked me for sharing and said “Garrett, in taking away your father, God was able to show you how He would provide for you and your family.”

I remembered what Robert had said that night and it echoed in my brain as I sat at my father’s burial site. As the sun set I said my good-bye to my Father once again and prayed that God would fill me with the type of strength and joy my Dad always had. I also prayed for the Amento family and asked that God would watch over the family as they prepared for their departure to Austria where Sarah would be undergoing eight weeks of intense cancer treatment.

I’ve been overwhelmed with planning for Sarah’s fundraising event, but I know that God has His hand on this. He works in such amazing ways and the amount of love and support that’s been pouring in from the local community is a testimonial to how the Spirit moves. We are so blessed to give back and we only wish to honor God through this event.

I pray that each and every one of you have a great week and if you’re available on Wednesday June 25th, come stop by Fitness 19 of Yucaipa where donations will be accepted for the Amento family. God Bless You!

In His Love,
Castro'sCornerPic
Garrett Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment