Friday, May 26, 2017

Faith-Filled Friday


Hello and welcome back everyone to Faith Filled Friday and some spring/summer cleaning!

You might find this odd, that I'd bring up and write a blog about a toilet, but this in fact is what I am going to do, but give me a second to explain. :)
I have been noticing the ring around the waterline in my toilet get more and more prevalent. I use the brush to wash the inside of my toilet with some cleaner weekly. But that ring bit by bit just continues to grow. Finally I decided to get the old pumice stone and sponge out with comet and target that ring. I attacked it with everything I had knowing they are just a pain to get off sometimes. So as I got into the thick of it, I had this thought come to mind: 

How often do we put off the rings of trouble in our lives?

We put it off, and put it off and procrastinate about it, even coming up with things that have a higher priority. Meanwhile the ring around the water does its thing. It grows and grows I started comparing this ring and the cleaning of it to instances of my life where I have put things off until I absolutely had to deal with them.

As I scrubbed that with all my elbow grease I actually found myself really getting into it. It felt good to see one part of that ring completely disappear. When I started, I had told myself that if I must I'll do it in sections where I'd clean one part one day and then carry on the next day, which I actually have been applying this concept with other things I needed to get done like paperwork.

But as I was scrubbing away I felt a sense of empowerment – I know; you must be laughing out loud and thinking whoever thought you could feel such a thing from getting down in a toilet!

I really started imagining just what could I apply this motivational effort to where I could feel his great feeling. Everything in my life has seemed to become so stale and I do it out of necessity. I want to tackle things with a new vigor. So this week I am going to get into my closet...deep in the mess and see how I feel in that. I want to get more into my transform books despite feeling a resistance of confronting things. I just want to feel the energy more in my life. My back injury and pain can really suck the life out of me so much of the time that I just don’t want to try…anything. So bring on the coffee and the closet, but most of all, bring on the energy that has been dampened by the ring around it. It’s time to clean it up and set it free.

Isn't that what God wants for us, to free ourselves from the rings that bind us, the ring of fear, the worry, even the tears of pain? Let us take to those rings and face them! In fact let's ask God to help free us and set our sights high... maybe even the moon.    

Wish me continued strength and energy everyone... :)

Much love and God Bless!

~John



No comments:

Post a Comment