Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday’s Mantra


Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. I am excited to share Monday’s Mantra with you which is actually from a former Transformer, Jenn Woosley! Grab your favorite break-time beverage and come in for a few moments.


I was at church last weekend, listening to the call for the offering. The point was made that combining resources can accomplish so much more. It is amazing what a group of people, no matter the size, can do when they share what they have.

The thought occurred to me, why don’t we do this more with the emotional, mental and physical resources God has given us as well? Far too often, and I am guilty here of this, we spend our time criticizing what others are or are not doing. We have ‘the answer’ for whatever we see happening around us. It’s easy to sit high and look low. It’s easier to think that struggling person needs to just ‘get it together,’ or shake our heads at how he/she got in that position in the first place…even worse, offer help but get exasperated whey they don’t change immediately.

What if I have a God-given ability to help? Suppose He’s helped me through a similar situation? Or He’s helped me recognize a weakness in me that could very well be somebody else’s and I’ve learned to outgrow it? Could sharing my story with transparency help another?

When we are divided, we cannot learn, shift or grow. We become stuck, complacent and/or critical. It seems to me that it would be far better to recognize the strengths in others as well as ourselves, and share those. I bet we’d find we could accomplish a lot more!
Growing…
Jenn












P.S. Join Evinda for Coffee Hour Live Thursday at 10:00 PST @ www.facebook.com/EvindaLepins


No comments:

Post a Comment