Friday, September 22, 2017

Faith Filled Friday


Thanks for joining us for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and for our Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United. I can’t wait to share this blog with you, one written by a former Transformer. It really inspires us to be on the lookout for those “divine appointments” in places we get so comfortable, we may miss them: Work! When you’re not feeling well, where do you go? Hopefully we go to a doctor or a hospital, right? Come on in for an appointment at the doctor’s office with Sharon Drachenberg.

I was so ministered to through a patient I evaluated today whose walk with Jesus shone, exposing light on my own recent Laodicean – which means lukewarm or halfhearted -- drifting. Let me share what I mean:

This sweet lady had severe – and I do mean severe -- burns and painful, itchy scarring from her chin to her waist as well as on both arms.  Instead of groaning and complaining, she caught the attention of my heart because she was genuinely positive, thanking God for saving her life. When I questioned her about constant pain and the discouragement that it must trigger, her face lit up and she exclaimed she wasn't discouraged because she was a Christian.
I countered that even though we are Christians, we can feel discouraged.
She looked at me in shock, then ever so gently touched my arm and said, “Oh, how can we be when we have Jesus Christ?”!
The respect, honor, love, and gratitude of her heart said His name in a way I have never, ever heard before. It was as if angelic choirs lit up her voice and shone light on her face.
At the end of the visit, I thanked her for coming in and blessing me with so much more than I was able to return to her. She was/is one of those patients I’ll never, ever forget. In fact, when I got home later that evening, I was reminded of her in an ever-so-powerful way as I settled down to prepare for bed, which included some Bible reading time. Her sweet voice echoed in my heart as I read a recent note I wrote after a portion of scripture that I had read. I had noted to God how unresponsive my heart was to His name, to hearing His name
I realized that though I hadn’t asked, but had just made a physical and mental note of it, He heard me and sent me that patient today! Right then and there, as I re-read my note, I asked Him to change that in me, to rekindle the fire in me and bring me out of my drifting that I would be responsive to the whispering of His name.  
Thanks for letting me share a piece of my work day this Faith-Filled Friday
Sharon

Top of Form

No comments:

Post a Comment