Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday’s Word


Standing Steadfast is Moving Forward
1st Corinthians 15:58: Therefore my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and to Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United. I just love taking scripture and applying it to our everyday lives! Grab your coffee and your Strand of Faith, and let’s go tie some knots! Oh, and if you’re new to Coffee Hour, all the Strand of Faith is, is a red strand of yarn, and every time you read scripture that resonates in your heart and life, you are to tie a knot in it. After a while, you hold it up and thinking of the strand of yarn as your faith, how likely is that faith to unravel in tough times? Keep tying those knots! J

Are you a believer in coincidence or when something happens that speaks to you, or works out near perfectly, do you sense Him working everything that concerns you on your behalf? Well, I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times just the right scripture has come to my attention at just the right time. This week’s is no different.

Lately I’ve been realizing that for quite some time now, our organization has been analogous to an Israelite wandering in the desert. In other words, we keep going around the mountain and not climbing up it! In fact, there are times when I feel as though I’m standing still, and not sure how to move which makes me want to run! Have you ever felt like that? Like you want to throw in the towel because you feel as though you’re not going anywhere? You just want to feel like you’re moving forward, whether in a relationship, in our finances, His calling for our life…whatever the situation, right?
I saw this particular verse on a meme’ for a memorial service for a friend of a friend…and I had to re-read it a couple of times. My heart sort of skipped a beat, or so it felt, as I read it for the third time. “…be steadfast, immovable…”

It hit me like a surge of electricity: to be immovable in our faith is moving forward!
We may not feel the motion, but inch by inch, in whatever the situation, to remain steadfast and immovable in our faith, trusting Him for our next move is a motion in the right direction: closer to Him…forward!

So if you’re feeling like you’re in a rut, sort of stuck, not going anywhere, I pray that this verse will rekindle the fire in you that you would know you are progressing forward in the right direction.
Thoughtfully,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment