Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wednesday’s Word




Just Ask!


John 16:24: "Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.”

It’s already midweek…again! Thanks so much for stopping by for our Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and for our Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United. I truly enjoy seeking Him in His Word and applying it to whatever is happening in my life at the time, and I pray it helps you as well. Grab your coffee and come on in.

Have you ever wondered if you were on the right track, going in the right direction, doing the right thing? If I had a dollar for every time I wondered that…well, let’s just say I’d have a nice savings account – if I didn’t spend it, that is! J

What is it we do when we are felling less than content in the journey, or better yet, feeling like all that we’ve done to get where we are, where we felt He was/is leading was either for nothing or just not right? Again, I must admit my own overwhelming confessions of been there, done that; I got the hat, mug, T-shirt and bathrobe, too!

Little by little, the enemy can chip away at us, and because he slithers into our thoughts, which become actions if left in our hearts and minds for too long, before we know it, we lose confidence and before we know it, we are backing up from our Guide in the journey. Confusion sets in, and now we are left wondering and whining, not sure what to do. It’s such a crazy cycle easier seen once we break it. I wonder how He sees it. I imagine He scratches His head, maybe even smiles a bit as He watches me go around and around and around again the same mountain…just like His children the Israelites!  I wonder if He’s ever tempted to take away our free will for just a second or two, however long it would take to reach down and literally put me and you in the right direction.

But that’s never going to happen; we have been gifted with free will – the choice is ours. So back to the original question, which basically summed up is: how do we know we are in His will?
Are you ready?

It’s really simple: Just ask Him!
I can just hear you say, “Seriously?!” “But what if I don’t hear Him?”
Again, it’s really simple, Coffee Hour Friend, and how I know is it has worked EVERY single time for me:  Oftentimes the right perspective is waiting…in His presence.

In other words, we may not get a “Go this way,” or “Do this,” but we will get the right perspective if we just meet with Him, consistently seeking His presence, quieting out the rest of the world, spending time with Him in His Word.  Let me give you a quick example:

Just a week ago, I was having one of my fits, threatening to quit, and so I said to Him, “You are going to have to give me a hit-me-over-the-head, with a cast-iron skillet, type of sign to keep me in this craziness.” I continued with my pity party: “I just can’t do this anymore!”

You know what? He’s okay with pity parties, as long as He’s invited! You know why? Because if you throw that party in His presence, He replaces that self-pity with a perspective aimed in the right direction. Within minutes, my soul echoed “You can’t or you won’t?”
I confessed…”I don’t want to be out of your will.”

That day, guess what happened? I got a hit-me-over-the-head with a cast-iron skillet kind of sign! And the next day I got another one! And the next day I got another one! As I write this, I can’t help but laugh because our Abba has such a sense of humor. It wasn’t necessarily a cast-iron skillet that hit me over the head, but He made sure to hit me over the head and get right to my heart THREE times so I’d get it!

So the next time you wonder in the waiting, remember, just ask Him. Go be with Him. Your persistence will usher in His presence…and perspective will come, and you will know what to do, where to go as peace follows you.
Your fellow sojourner

Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment