Friday, March 7, 2014

Coffe Hour @ Chicklit Power: Power Friday

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and to our Power Friday! Grab your coffee and come on in.

I was researching in the Greek concordance while writing this past week’s blog, our WOW for March, and ran across this sentence that stopped me and my train of thought and rendered me officially derailed! It took me awhile to get back to what I was working on, but I thought the thought was worthy to share with you!

Many people have told me they don’t really understand the definition for grace; I have always confined it to being of God, from God and about God, that is, until I finished A Cup of Grace for the Day, a book that took three months to write and definitely had me in the throes of research. But I don’t remember ever reading this one thought about grace:

Grace removes guilt; mercy removes misery!

See, God/Christ isn’t the only one who can give grace, freeing the guilty from their guilt. In fact, He commands us to extend it for to us it has been given. But in what ways can you and/or I extend mercy to alleviate misery?

I’ll leave you to ponder that one, but please, email me with your thoughts!

Pondering His Word and praising His name,

Evinda
2014 Headshot

No comments:

Post a Comment