Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Manna: Don't Worry


Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Happy Monday Manna Once Again,

A new week has arrived and I am thankful for it. As Sunday approaches I begin reminding myself of the unfinished work assignments that are waiting for me at the office on Monday and my inability to complete my scheduled housework before another week begins...I feel like I’m getting behind! I suddenly begin to lose the focus on the opportunities during this new week that have been provided unto me as a believer in Christ; opportunities of fellowshipping and ministering to others. Then I pray and my worries and concerns are dwarfed by God’s sovereignty and His ability to cast away my worries.

Let’s face it; distractions are part of our daily lives, but it wasn’t until recently that I realized distractions are a huge tool utilized by the enemy. These distractions remove us from a place of close fellowship with Christ. But don’t be disheartened, for as quickly as we lose that intimate place of fellowship, we can gain it back through DAILY prayer and diligent reading of the scriptures.

the Book with ALL the answers!
I often find myself getting distracted with the problems of this world. I am now praying harder than I ever have that God will watch over His Church.
 It is apparent that our nation is headed in a dangerous direction and it’s evident that we are living in the end times. The prophecies written within the book of Daniel help to explain. In Daniel 2:31, Daniel interprets King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. Daniel explains that this marvelous image that the king has dreamed of represents the different kingdoms that will come to be: The head of gold representing the Babylonian Empire, the chest and arms of silver representing the Persian Empire, the belly and thighs of bronze representing the Grecian Empire, the legs of iron representing                 the Book with ALL
the Roman Empire, and the ten toes consisting of part iron and part baked clay.        the answers!        

“Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided” (Daniel 2:41). Then Daniel speaks of a stone cut from the mountain that will bring down the image and all of its parts, and then the God of Heaven will set up a Kingdom that will never be destroyed. God’s word has and always will be the final authority.

Matthew 24 also gives great insight as the disciples ask Jesus what the signs will be of His coming and the end of the age. “For you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. This is the beginning of sorrows” (Mathew 24:4-8).

The Church is in need of prayer because the time is near that the Lord will separate the sheep on His right hand from the goats on His left hand. One day EVERY person will stand before the throne of God and give a full account of his/her life. On that day God will either be your Judge or your Savior. Which one will it be? God’s love for you is so immense that He gave everything for YOU, including His one and only begotten son…for YOU.

May God continue to bless you and let’s remain diligent in prayer and in the reading of his Word that we would be distracted less with the eyes of our heart on Him.

Warmest Regards,
Castro'sCornerPic
Garrett Castro


No comments:

Post a Comment