Friday, March 21, 2014

Power Thought for a Power Friday: Letting go of the reins

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Welcome to our Power Friday @ Chicklit Power! Grab a coffee, or whatever you’re having and come on in for a few!

Wow, what a week last week was! I made it through something I never imagined would happen, and pray that it never happens again, and it left me asking “Why, God?” over and over and over again . . . Until I read something having to do with Proverbs 3:5, you know, the scripture that instructs us to lean NOT on our own understanding!

It was two days after losing over 80 hours of work, 180 pages of the Transform curriculum that I “just happened” to open up a devotional I hadn’t been using for weeks and felt as though Sarah Young, inspired by His Spirit, had just peeked in on my heart to hear me questioning why it all happened, while shaking my fist, I might add!

In her Dear Jesus devotional, here’s what I read, from her heart to mine and now from my heart to yours: “Behind this impetus to understand there lies this desire to feel in control of my life!”
I let go of that question as if it were a hot potato searing the lining of my heart. After all, it’s His ministry, His class and His curriculum! I'm trusting He is going to write it even better, not that He needs a do-over!

So the next time you feel the need to “understand” the why of something, double check to make sure you’re not trying to grab the reins out of His hands!

Remembering His plans to lift me up . . .

Evinda
2014 Headshot

No comments:

Post a Comment