Wednesday, August 20, 2014

CAN JOY and FEAR CO-EXIST ?

EL pen Logo with heartCoffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
The days are just flying by and all around us kids are nestled in their classrooms! Whew, time for a little coffee break! Grab whatever you’re having and let’s get back to this joy-stirring series.
I don’t know about you, but I am truly enjoying these poignant reminders of all that it takes to achieve this mysterious recipe of joy. I truly had no idea there was so much involved; after all, it’s only a three-letter word!
So let me ask you a question: Do you think that joy and fear can co-exist? Well, I’ll give you a hint: The Word says that perfect love casts out all fear (1st John 4:18) but we all know we are not perfect. You might be asking what’s love got to do with it? (I’m hearing Tina Turner sing right now! :) Well, we all know that there is joy in being loved and in loving, but let’s stay on track here.
I can honestly say that joy and fear cannot co-exist! Keep in mind I am not talking about Godly fear – a fear of being without Him -- but I am speaking about worldly fear, which is a subject so huge, I could write a book. Don’t worry; I’m not going to do that. Let me just give you some truths that convey that joy carries us up and away from our fears:
Fear robs; joy fills!
Fear steals; joy restores … what the locusts (pawns of the enemy) have stolen (Joel 2:25).
Fear binds; joy frees … the prisoner from prison. (Isaiah 61:1)
Fear is based on lies; joy is based on truths. (3 John 1:4)
Fear leaves us stuck on impossibilities; joy takes us to possibilities.
Fear keeps us frozen; joy keeps us moving!
Fear says “I am in control”: joy remembers Who is in control!
Fear is as a result of drowning in discouragement; joy comes by wading in encouragement.
Fear says we are alone; joy reminds us of Him who will never leave us or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6)
Fear pushes us down; joy picks us up!
Joy chases fear away … Oh that I would chase joy relentlessly!
kim L
Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment