Friday, August 22, 2014

What's Normal? Jeff's Java Hour @ Chicklit Power


Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...      Okay, Guys. So if thinking about the future is anxiety and thinking about the past is depression, then how in the name of all that is holy do you only think about the now? “Just for today,” “Live in the now, man.” “There’s no day like today,” these are all great sayings and now they have become clichés. Here’s a good one: “if you’ve got one foot in the past and one in the future, then you are pooping on the present!” The truth is that the truth doesn’t lie in these sayings; it lies in the instruction. A great teacher doesn’t just tell you what you need to do but he will show you how. Jesus said, “Whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is pure, think on these things.” Phil 4:8 Actually, Jesus spoke through Paul to say that to us but, the message is still the same.
I like what Jesus said over 2000 years ago, “Who of you could add a single moment to your life by worrying?” Luke 12:25. He knew then what they are just now figuring out; that stress from worrying literately releases toxic chemicals into your body that actually cut your life expectancy down like taking big swings with an axe at the base of a big tree!
I must admit, people, I have the hardest time living in the now. I am either vacationing at my beach house on 1983 Past Life Blvd, or I am slaving away at my full-time job over at the Fear of the Future Café. I rarely get to be HOME at my property in the Now. Sometimes I am in Now County, but rarely do I get to enjoy the real now. For me, because I am so dang broken, I have only one choice for stability of any kind and that is from my Heavenly Father. I am serious here, guys; I am so jacked up from the back up, needing a check-up from the neck up that I can’t wrap my head around normal thinking.
And I know, I know; you’re asking, what is normal? But every thought that runs through my skull is so self-centered and just plain off. I can only see when God speaks sight into my life. I have the feeling though that as I continue to use that sight for to see what He sees, then I will be able to see longer and farther.
Thank you, God. Just thank You. I am so helpless down here when it comes to my life. In my hands it is useless and all in vain but in Your hands I have a purpose. God, what does it mean to trust someone? Honestly, I don’t know. I am a shallow human being and I need You so, so deeply. I need You, God, and I want you to be my Lord. My life is Yours and I don’t want it anymore. I don’t want to have control. I want you to steer this ship before I run us aground. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. Give me a revelation of Your love for me and Your love for those who are still lost in their sin. Give me Your heart, God, and renew a right spirit within me. [Psalm 51:10] Amen
Jeff's Java
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment