Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Manna from Castro's Corner


Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power... Happy Monday Manna!
As August comes to an end, fall approaches quicker than ever. The year has flown by once again and 2015 is just around the corner, unreal! As we get older, it seems that we lose the ability to “take it all in,” or at least I do, as life rushes by quicker than a train without brakes. Sometimes it’s just good to stop, breathe, and be still as we reflect on what God has done in our lives. Hopefully today’s reading will fuel you up and prepare you for a new week!
Last week was definitely an emotionally and physically draining week. I felt like the enemy was on the prowl and it was my week to be on the receiving end of his assault. I often wonder what is actually taking place in the spiritual realm. I sometimes imagine that the enemy and his entourage of fallen angels are lurking somewhere in the darkness as they watch and see if the trap set before me will bring me into submission or if through prayer, I will overcome and claim my victory in Christ. I have always wondered what that battlefield would look like. I’m reminded of Ephesians 6:12: “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
As I felt like I was getting beaten, I did my best to keep my composure by refraining from saying something to someone that I know could have potentially caused a lot of damage. I know the danger involved with this, since I’ve blown in many a time before and the consequences are huge…after all words can kill and unfortunately I’ve learned this the hard way.
I called my wife Kay to inform her of what had happened and I began venting to her in such a way that she cut me off and said “Garrett, I understand that somebody has done you wrong but you have to let it go…you have to understand that you are being tested.”
Prolific words from my wife who has heard me vent a few too many times about this particular situation and I just sat there in silence on the other line.
There are times where we feel like we are being beaten and we feel compelled to remind the world of how it needs to “Play fair.” Unfortunately, it often takes us getting beaten for the world to see our light. Pastor John Courson nailed it when he quoted – “And He was beaten, and beaten, and beaten, and beaten but He never gave up; He never whimped out; He never backed down…and that’s when the light was seen.” Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ knew that He would literally be taking on the world as He carried His cross to Mt. Calvary. He was beaten; He was bruised. He was smitten, and He was afflicted for our transgressions and at His death that Roman centurion knew that this man was the Son of God. His light was seen.
That’s what I want. I want people to see Christ when they see me being beaten, when they see me afflicted, when they see me stricken. I want to take up my cross every day and even though it will be painful I pray that God will give me the strength to deny myself and overcome. I pray that He will do the same for you as well. God Bless and have an awesome week.
In His Love,
Castro'sCornerPic
Garrett Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment