Monday, August 18, 2014

MONDAY'S MANNA from Castro's Corner

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Here’s to Monday!
Mondays are awesome, aren’t they? A fresh start to the week begins and you have someone on your side that loves you more than you can even begin to comprehend. I start blowing circuits when I attempt to take on the challenge of grasping how vast His love is.
Last week I stumbled on the quote “Good without God.” I found this quote on the news feed of an acquaintance’s Facebook page. I immediately grew angry, but then I took a deep breath and realized that God had revealed this to me for a reason. Good without God… the phrase itself is just one HUGE contradiction, right? Can one truly be “good” without God?
As believers we understand that our own internal moral and ethical codes are based upon the standards that have been given to us through the Word of God. We have been given the ultimate “Guide to Life” if you will, and it is provided to us through the Bible. Humanist ideologies, which are often linked to Atheist philosophical perspectives, attempt to debunk and simplify the Christian Faith. Humanists believe that we can be good people through dignifying ourselves; and through dignifying ourselves they believe we have the ability to establish a sense of empowerment and strength. I call it the “I” philosophical perspective. I am successful because I have taken the steps to become successful. I am healthy because I have taken the steps towards healthier living. I have received empowerment because I have dignified myself and I deserve this.
But what happens when one loses the success, loses their health, or loses a sense of empowerment and all the “right” steps have been taken? We are prone to fail if we place our faith in our own abilities, at least I am.
As believers, we also know that our strength and empowerment come from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; this is not contingent upon our own drive to dignify ourselves as a way to evoke empowerment and to find our own inner strength. Atheists don’t share in the same hope that we have. Humanist movements that are linked to Atheism sound great since their primary focus is to help promote equality for those that are under racial, ethnic, or religious persecution but they believe that the means to an end will never be linked to the existence of God and the concept of God is completely negated from their mission.
This movement has been introduced into New Age thinking and there are even humanist churches that have sprung up in some of the New York areas. As these ideologies creep their way into our workplace and public schools, we must stand firm in our faith and pray for those who are actively searching for a reason to disprove the existence of God and intelligent design. After all, many previous atheists and humanists who have made it a life mission to disprove the existence of God have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. They have searched their entire life for the answer to the big question, but the answer has been directly in front of them the whole time.
His Word is the ultimate authority; it always has been and it always will be. I encourage you to pray for an atheist and let the Holy Spirit do work on that individual, as His Word tells us to do in Romans 12:14: We are to bless those who persecute us! We can hate atheism but not the atheist! The end result will blow your mind!
God bless you and have a spirit filled week!
Castro'sCornerPic
In His Love,

Garrett Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment