Friday, August 15, 2014

WHO'S YOUR DADDY - Part II

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Who's Your Daddy?
 Ohhhhh my goodness!!! I am at a laundromat in a new state with an old problem on my hands: I am a selfish and self-centered person who needs the saving grace of a Being so dang big that my sins cannot only be forgiven but overcome. Let me let you in on a little secret… I am a wreck! I feel like I can barely see ten feet in front of me and need to see a hundred. I think that if I could see that far in front of me, then I would think that I knew where I was going, and let me be clear; I do not know where I am going. Every time that I think that I do, and take the wheel, I end up stranded on the side of a desert road with a blown engine, dehydrated, with buzzards circling above me head.
I just don’t know, you guys; I really, really, really don’t. I have no idea what tomorrow holds. I know I have a final interview for a job, but I have no idea what will happen. I just don’t know. Sometimes I wish I did know what was going to happen, but like the Bible says, it is His pleasure to hide certain things and for us to find them when we seek Him. [Matthew 7:11] I am definitely learning that He is a good father, wanting to surprise His children with good gifts when they look for their Dad. This is a hard concept for me to grasp; all I’ve ever known is an absent father. Could He be trying to teach me something different?
So I am in the great state of Texas with nothing familiar around me except His big blue sky, which is a little bigger out here, by the way, and I am so scared but at the same time I have a great peace because I know who packed my parachute. I don’t know what is going to happen from one day to the next so I just keep praying for strength, wisdom, and favor because I need it. I have eyes to see, but it’s like I am blind. I want to be completely in His care and living in complete abandon to His spirit. Pray for me, please… We need it.
Jesus, help me. There are so many questions spinning around in my head: Where am I even at? Why do you even love me? You’ve seen all that I’ve done but still you insist on blessing me! Please teach me what it means to know a father, to know unconditional love and to know what it means to trust You. Please, never let me go, God. Please don’t let me ever get away from you. Amen.
Jeff's Java
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment