Friday, October 2, 2015

Croley’s Corner @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
”I am glad that I wasn’t there, because now you will have a chance to put your faith in me. Let’s go to him.” John 11:15

Good morning, good afternoon or even good evening to those who have just joined me for Coffee Hour! It is my hope that you will find with purpose in your heart to be inspired, examined, brought to a place where you can say, “Boy, I needed this today!” Grab your journal and let’s get started!!

I have been compelled for several days to share on a couple words that are often said, or we often hear. These words have come from my lips and I’m certain that you too have said these two words on more than one occasion. These two words can be self-effacing; moreover, you can just be downright angry at yourself for expressing these two simple and yet complex words. I know you’re saying to yourself, get to your point and what is she’s trying to convey, and I’ll get there. It’s merely a form of expression that has often plagued many of us, sometimes, for years. Are you ready for the two simple words? Here they come: “If Only”

What is an “if only”?
1) It signifies a wish or desire for the present or the future.
2) It signifies a feeling of regret about an action in the past. Let’s stop there for a minute.

When my daughter was diagnosed with Gaucher Disease, how my heart ached for 12 years of not understanding and seeing her in pain. ”If only” I would cry…yes, ”If only” I could take this disease from her!  I was bound by my emotions!!  I’ll share some more “If only” truths I uttered.

“If only” I would have said no instead of yes, when they removed her spleen of 6 lbs. at the age of 11, hence this ugly disease shifted to her bone marrow.  “If only” I would have trusted more, had more faith, would the outcome been different now! How I struggled with the “If only’s.”

Many of us are familiar with the story of Lazarus and how sick he was, and when word got to Jesus, he said, “His sickness won’t end in death. It will bring glory to God and his Son.” John 11:4.  “If only” Jesus would have been there in time, Mary and Martha’s brother, Lazarus wouldn’t have died.  “If only,” Martha said. “If only” cried Mary. Oh how their hearts anguished within them “If only” Jesus had gotten there sooner.

As you find in this passage Jesus proved many things that day. He demonstrated tears of great sorrow and groaning that was deep, yet Jesus knew He was not to submit Himself to the “If only”; He was to reveal His Father’s power! He called out to His Father who then demonstrated authority causing death to bow and calling life into existence!

I was set free of my “If only” 14 yrs years ago. I no longer blame myself for her disease or grieve in my guilt clothes. My faith remains in Him. Today as you move forward, move toward trust and truth of God’s Word.  Don’t linger in the “if only!” we can’t be regretful; we can’t take back the “if only’s”; however be certain we can go to Him for He is eager and ready to demonstrate His power through our all of our “If only’s!” 

Make it a great weekend and remember to keep Him close to your heart!

Debbie Croley PicLove, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment