Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Where do you go for Answers?

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart and saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Thanks for stopping by for our Coffee Hour.  Today is a WOW day, Words of Wisdom and Weapons of Warfare. I pray it will give you answers to some pretty profound and tough questions that arise from time to time in our lives and that it would comfort you in time of troubles. Grab your coffee, your journal and your SOF (strand of faith) and let’s go tie some knots in our faith. Remember, the more knots you have is analogous to your faith; it times of trouble, how likely will you become unraveled?

Just last week, someone who is like a little sister to me reached out to me, completely and utterly at a loss because of a loss. Her cousin, who was so, so young, had passed away unexpectedly. They were like BFF’s, close in heart, close in thought, close in age…they loved each other deeply. There was a history with them and of course that history had a bit of struggle, but as she shared with me, I couldn’t help but get the chills when she told me the what and when of their very last conversation: it was just the night before, and their last words to each other…”I love you.” No regrets there, right?

“But why,” she cried out? “I just don’t get it! I just can’t get over this. This hurts too much.” These were some of the cries of anguish she shared with me. My heart ached for her…truly.
She, like you and I, wanted to understand why she was left to endure this pain. She wanted to be able to wrap this tragic ending up with a nice bow and put it in the closet of her mind and heart and be content with her understanding, but understanding evaded her like an illusion of an airplane in the sky getting smaller and smaller with each cloud it passes while her despair and sadness loomed larger and larger.

What do we do when we just can’t make sense of life and what it hands us and sometimes throws at us? Where do we go for the answers?

Well, after listening to her, comforting her by just listening I felt an answer stir within me that would help her find an answer. I shared with her that sometimes, in some circumstances, we aren’t going to understand and we have to be okay with that. This is when our faith is truly tested; when we can’t understand why He’s allowed something to happen, where do we turn, what do we do? If we truly believe that He works ALL things for our good…how do we get through the pain? Psalm 119 is replete with the phrases: “Revive me, Oh, Lord…through thy Word, through your loving kindness…revive me. 
I then told her to go to the Psalm for the day, meaning whatever date it was, to go to that one, to meditate on it after reading it at least twice and then to re-write it with her pain and confusion and questions in there.

You may be wondering why. I’m glad you asked: We need an eternal perspective for external circumstances. When things happen that just don’t make sense, the only way to maneuver through them is to get a spiritual perspective and what better way to do that than through the Love Letters of God?

The next day, I was thinking about her and praying for her and He gave me this verse in Psalm. I was so excited for her, to be able to share with her that though she was having a difficult time seeing Him in all her pain, He had spoken through others to let her know He was/is near to those with a broken heart, who are overcome with troubles.
Guess what? It didn’t answer all her questions, but it went a long way in easing her pain, getting her through the next hours, and days, and granting her an eternal perspective for her internal pain caused from an external loss.

Sometimes the best answer is no answer at all but a changed perspective!

Love,
IMG_8444-2 blogEvinda

No comments:

Post a Comment