Thursday, October 1, 2015

Paws for Coffee Hour

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Welcome to our PAWS for Coffee Hour today! I’m hoping that we can attract more four-legged lovers to this particular blog to encourage you in ways you may not have even known you needed encouragement for the journey! Grab your coffee and come on in for more of Jen’s lessons she gleans from her four-legged friends!

Proverbs 12:10 proclaims: “A righteous man regards the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.” It really doesn’t get much clearer than that! A person that is truly godly and righteous will take good care of his animal, just as God would. In return, animals can often take care of us, as well, though certainly in different ways. Besides service dogs, many animals can be used for companionship, protection, and even support mental health, which is why some animals are taken to hospitals and nursing homes.

If you type dog stories into the Google search engine you will find an incredible list of contemporary and historical acts of dog wonder.  Dogs of many breeds have saved lives and enhanced the well-being of people around the world.  My dogs bring me great comfort but they have never saved the life of a childsaved me from a reckless car, or alerted emergency services

If we listen, they can teach us spiritual lessons. "But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you; and the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you; and the fish of the sea will explain to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this, in whose hand is the life of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind?" Job 12:7-10.

Like people, I believe God places these furry friends into our lives to help, guide and comfort us.  I know for me, they bring me great joy, companionship, tons of laughter and insight.  As I write this, I have Corey on my left and Logan wrapped around my feet.  While they are often at my side they have a special sense about the peace and love I will need from them over the next six months while my husband is deployed in Kuwait.  I am truly thankful for them. I know for such a time as this that as I take care of them God will use them in the process of taking care of me, making me smile when I am sad, feel companionship to overcome the loneliness from my husband’s absence. Yes, my dogs are a gift of emotional support, a gift of God that keeps on giving while teaching and comforting. 

If you have a four-legged baby hug them for me today; let them feel your love and receive theirs in return. It will be accounted as righteous unto you!

File Sep 25, 5 33 53 PMJen, Corey & Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment