Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Don’t Chase a Feeling, cont.

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
EL pen Logo with heartThanks for joining me today for Coffee Hour and more of this series. Have you ever caught yourself chasing after a feeling? It’s kind of funny if you try and visualize it; don’t you think…or not! Hey, grab your coffee, a journal and your strand of faith and let’s go tie some knots while learning how to stop chasing that “in love” feeling!

So how do we stop chasing that “in love” feeling? There’s not really a short answer for such a complex question. I think it’s a process that is sped up when we run right into ourselves while chasing all these feelings, at least that’s what happened for me. Seriously, try and picture yourself running and all of a sudden, bam! You’re stopped in your tracks and you come face to face with yourself.

As I blog these words, I can’t help but think of my single friends and my heart goes out to you as I pray that these words will resonate on/in your heart and make your S.O.S., season of singleness, an amazing time to be filled with that love you think you are looking for so that you can be ready for the one He has for you. I was just telling a friend of mine while we were walking that very thing as she shared that her daughter was finally learning to be content in singleness. I told her, it’s her S.O.S. and there’s no such thing as a perfect person, but there is a person perfect for her but God is perfecting that person!

See, until we’re whole, satisfied in/with Him, anything we bring to another relationship or try and get from another relationship will always miss the mark; it won’t be quite enough to make it work. His love is the only one that will NOT let us down, will never leave us or abandon us (I love this!).

When we go back to the first definition of love, which is translated from the Hebrew language, we really don’t need to go any further: “Unfailing love, loyal love, devotion, kindness…” and because it is based on The Covenant relationship, it is from Him with Christ to us for others! Do you see it? This is the kind of love to chase because once we catch it, the chase is done and we can become loving!

His love is the only love that can/will end your chase and land you into the characteristic of loving others! I would love to go to the top of the mountain with those of you who haven’t experienced this, and hold your hand and jump with you, but since that is not possible, I will be praying for your flight…..

Love,

IMG_8444-2 blogEvinda

No comments:

Post a Comment