Friday, October 9, 2015

Croley’s Corner @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
“Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.” Hebrews 13:15

Hi Coffee Hour friends. Hope today finds you already full of Pumpkin Latte’s! J Grab your journal and let’s get started on another journey of our walk of faith.

In the natural we sometimes know that we have to move towards a situation for healing, meet it head on for repair or to be restored, but also in the same breath we have to be removed in order for healing to take place. It’s like removing the pebble that you can often find inside your shoe.  Unless you remove that pebble that has found its way into your shoe, it’s gonna feel like a boulder before too long!

Sometimes when we’ve become wounded or have felt the sting of betrayal we can relate it to a pebble being in our shoe. We adjust the position of our foot and the sense of it seems to be gone but soon it reappears and thus stops us from moving forward.

My feet feel pretty secure, outfitted with a pair of socks and shoes that fit properly before I head out the door and before I know it, somehow in my security, a piece of something has worked its way into the bottom of my foot. My first thought is to keep going, walk through it; yet in that, the further I attempt to walk the more it becomes irritating. I soon find out that not only has it affected my foot but it has affected my entire core, and it begins crying out!
I ask the all-time question, “Why didn’t I stop and take a few moments and remove it?  Did I think I was more powerful and determined to overcome this boulder that ended up in my shoe?” I reposition my foot, wiggle my toes; rock my foot back and forth only to find it has repositioned somewhere else in my shoe, still unable to move forward!  Oh, the frustration of something so small that causes me to stop instead of proceeding!! Are you getting the picture here? 

We start out secure, covered by His Word, continually praising Him for all the wonderful things in our life, as we should do. Along the way we may encounter a pebble. We must be determined to push through it in order not to be overcome only to find we’ve become frustrated, distracted, mad, wailing our hands and maybe even our mouths all because of one small itty bitty pebble that felt like a boulder in your walk of faith.

Sometime in life that’s just how we feel! The enemy can often throw stones our way and if we’re not careful where we walk, they could easily end up in our secured soul, irritating causing unnecessary pain, just like the pebble in our shoes.

The “pebble in my shoe” acts as a constant reminder that we as the walkers are on a spiritual journey. Not that the journey (faith walk) has to be painful, but that sometimes it’s not easy to keep walking the path. For God wants His people to know that by praising Him it leads us through hardships and difficulties and trying situations; yes, it’s that pebble in my shoe.
So the next time you find a pebble in your shoe, start by praising Him; then remove the pebble and continue on your way!

Have a super weekend and that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, and remember, keep Him close to your heart!

Debbie Croley PicLove Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment