Friday, October 30, 2015

Croley’s Corner @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. (2nd Samuel 22:31)

Welcome, Coffee Hour friends. Let’s not waste a minute! Grab your drink and journal and let’s discover great truths for today for God certainly has our steps ordered; they are already established and our part in this is to learn to walk it out, to learn to hear before we move. So often don’t we move before we hear? Psalm 37:23

There are days when discouragement rears its ugly head, days when all I want to do is pull the covers up over my head and enter back into peaceful sleep, days when I’m not sure my brain will last until afternoon, let alone the end of the day! And today was one of those days. Discouragement reared its ugly head. As my feet hit the floor, the immediacy of my need for supernatural strength became overwhelmingly clear. “Lord, I need you!”

You may be asking yourself “where on earth is she going with this?”  We’ve had many inquirers about our daughter and how’s she’s doing these days so I thought I’d answer by way of faith, if you don’t mind! For the Hall of faith certainly is an arena I visit quite often. Yet I know this one thing that had we listened to the doctors a long time ago, discouragement and our faith would have been immersed by the enemy and yes each day brings sometimes incredible pain, and times that she suffers with great difficulties and challenges. BUT God, He has definitely has used her pain coupled with our faith to reach the lives of many, to speak hope when life seemed hopeless, to trust when no one else trusted and to have faith when faced with discouraging news when all else failed, yes, even when man has failed.

Sometimes we act upon our reaction of the things we see in our flesh and of course that can be a natural response for any parent, or for that matter, anyone who may be suffering or dealing with an unexpected circumstance. I truly understand the journey of those that have traveled along challenging and difficult roads; it can be lonely and ominous and discouraging day in and day out. However, you do not walk alone! Joshua 1:5

Yes, our faith can be stirred, moved and questioned and at times be discouraging, yet when faced with these challenges, my heart has always been moved to Hebrews 11, the “Hall of Faith,” even when I haven’t felt like it.

These believers of the Old Testament were imperfect, weak and needy. But God, in His great mercy, revealed Himself and His strength despite their weaknesses. In the same way, God does not require our strength in order to work because we have no strength in ourselves. He delights in us just being that pot of clay in order to mold us for our own good, for His purpose and His glory. He is a God of mercy, grace and compassion.

Although her diagnosis has not changed -- in fact, her recent test revealed further damage to both her legs -- He is perpetual in His word; He is the same “Yesterday, today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8

She knows there’s no denying He loves her like no other!! Yes, we are going to have those days of discouragement and days we feel our faith is weak but we have this knowledge and hope…And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness…For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-11

Until next week, exchange your discouragement for encouragement in that your faith will let you face your tomorrows and remember, keep Him close to your heart.

Debbie Croley PicLove, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment