Monday, December 21, 2015

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Good morning!! It's almost Christmas. Have you taken some time to enjoy the season and not just rush through it? I love all the sparkly lights this time of year, and the chill in the air (finally!). It's fun to pick out gifts and then take time to wrap them. Yes, many things to enjoy and think about this season. I pray you are experiencing a very blessed holiday.

This morning I read this verse: "Let all that I am wait quietly before God for my hope is in Him." Psalm 62:5 I wonder…how good am I at waiting quietly? Do I let ALL that I am hope in Him? I didn't have to think about it long. I am not the best at patience. I am more of a get it done kind of gal. Especially if I have a plan! If that 'plan' gets messed up…oh, my! That is one thing that being a mother has been teaching me; the best laid plans are likely to be messed up.

I've experienced this over the past two weeks a lot with a sick child. I had lists of things to do, as well as seeing patients at my job, and keeping up with home tasks. Bad colds and coughs have no respect for plans! Many days I had to adjust what I was hoping to get done to take care of my sick girl. In my mind I could hear my dad saying "You have to learn to roll with the punches." He used to tell me this all the time as a kid. I kind of wish I'd listened more and learned it better all along! But, God has a funny sense of humor. :) In my journey of allowing God to change me from the inside out, I've noticed there are many, many opportunities to practice waiting patiently.

This got me to thinking. How extremely patient is God?! He sent Jesus to this earth 2,000+ years ago to rescue humanity. We're still here, waiting for that second coming. I don't understand how God can look down here, see all the horror, the tragedy, the pain, tears, death, and yet continue in His patience. It's hard to understand.

It's hard to understand when we experience tragedy, loss, families torn apart, abuse, and sickness, in our own lives. We want the answer NOW. We want the rescue NOW. It's extremely hard to allow all that we are to wait patiently for Him. It's counter-culture to wait. It takes faith to roll with the punches.

Let me give you one more verse to reflect on: "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes." Psalm 37:7!

As we reflect on His birth this week, and what that means for us, remember, He's here to walk the journey with us and He'll teach us His patience!

Merry Christmas!! Be blessed.

JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment