Monday, December 28, 2015

Jenn’s Journey

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Hello, my friends. How I hope you had a blessed Christmas, and that God's love and favor rested on you. Enjoy just a little longer, before the rush into the new year! Thank you for joining me today.

As I shared in my blog last week, some of my best laid plans  were waylaid. Yet, this has been one of the most fabulous Christmas seasons I can recall. I believe it is because I was forced to be flexible, which is a good thing for me to practice. The slowing down caused me to notice things I might not usually notice as well as talk with people I might not otherwise.

I spent time in many lines over the past week: the post office, the bank, and several stores. Today, I was in line at BevMo. The line began at the back of the store, I stood in line while my friend finished perusing the aisles. I started chatting with the lady behind me who shared a really touching story..which I now share with you. Years ago, when her daughters were young, her husband was short on construction work. About 2 weeks before the holidays, she began stressing about how they were going to buy presents for the girls as well as a tree since they were behind on all bills. She told me she heard somewhere to expect miracles, so she kept that attitude. On a Saturday just before Christmas, Fed Ex showed up with a package. In her mind, she was sure it was a foreclosure notice on their house..but, in keeping with hope for miracles, she ripped it open. In it was an anonymous cashier check for $10,000! To this day, they have no idea who sent it. What they did next is amazing. Of course, they spent money on their kids and a tree, but, they had a huge open house party for neighbors, friends and coworkers. Every year since, they've had this party…it's a tradition now. She told me, "I just had to share my story with you." I was so glad she did!

I have been blessed often this season by people I've talked to while out and about. I've been amazed that even in the rush and seemingly self centered season, there are some very nice people who have neat stories. I feel honored that they felt they could share them with me.
I am extremely thankful for the less anxious season I've had.  I've worked hard to let go of expectations and should and should-not’s and just BE. I am thankful for the reminder to share…share our stories and our thoughts. How beautiful that is.

As the New Year gets ready to begin, I pray that peace continues. After all, it's what Jesus came to give us. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."John 14:27

Until next week, be blessed,

JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment