Thursday, December 17, 2015

Paws for Coffee Hour

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Ahhh, it’s that time of the week again: time to PAWS for Coffee Hour and learn something from our furry four-legged friends! Grab your coffee and your Strand of Faith, cuddle up with your four-legged friend and let’s go learn yet again another lesson from these God-given and created beings through the eyes of Jennifer!

When did the “most wonderful time of the year” become the “most rushed time of the year”?  This week it felt like time accelerated and jumped from Sunday to Thursday.  As I look at my furry babies resting peacefully on the floor, I check my list (twice), and I think, maybe they have got it right.  They get excited when they need to – especially when a guest arrives. They run around to the door to greet them then demand a few pets of love, but then they settle back into a restful state and enjoy the moment.  Oh, to learn how to do this! I have decided I don’t want moments to pass me by because I am in a state of constant movement forward.

I need to pause to enjoy my kids, scratch my puppy’s belly, or just enjoy my gingerbread latte.  Most of all, I need to remember why we celebrate this season.  It’s not about the hustle and bustle.  Or about the giving and receiving.  It is about the gift our Father gave to us.  The gift that canceled the separation of God and man because of our sin.

One of my favorite Christmas carols is O Come All Ye Faithful.  It is a true worship song and, for me, really puts this time of year in its place.  My prayer is that on Christmas morning I will awake with the last verse on my lips and the song imprinted in my heart…

All Hail! Lord, we greet Thee,
Born this happy morning,
O Jesus! for evermore be Thy name adored.
Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing;
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord.

Take a moment in the next couple of weeks to reflect on what Christ’s humble birth has meant for you on your journey.  Rejoice and be glad that He was willing to come to this earth and walk in our footsteps. Greet your guest with enthusiasm, but take time to sit and be still…peaceably!

Until next week…

IMG_0633Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment