Thursday, December 24, 2015

Paws for Coffee Hour

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Thanks for joining us for PAWS for Coffee Hour. Can you believe it’s Christmas Eve? Oh, this season seems to come quicker and quicker each year! Grab your coffee and join me for Jennifer’s powerful reminders of the reason for this season!

This year my pastor has challenged us to really focus on “the reason for the season.”  Not in a flippant way but really celebrate our Savior’s humble entrance into the world and what it meant for us.  One of the traditions I have is to hang an actual size nail at the top of my tree as a reminder of why Jesus came to earth.

Another tradition is to read out loud on Christmas Eve a book called “The Crippled Lamb” by Max Lucado.  It’s about a little lamb that was left behind while the rest of the flock went out to a green pasture.  He couldn’t go because he wasn’t fast enough and was very sad he got left behind.  His best friend (a cow) told him that “God has a special place for him” and in the end it was him that lay close to the baby Jesus to keep him warm.  I love the story because each one of us, no matter how messed up or insignificant we may feel, has a special purpose divinely appointed by God.

Everything we do in our daily lives is a training ground for God’s assignment in our life:
“The Master, God, has given me a well-taught tongue, so I know how to encourage tired people. He wakes me up in the morning, wakes me up, and opens my ears to listen as one ready to take orders. The Master, God, opened my ears, and I didn’t go back to sleep, didn’t pull the covers back over my head. I followed orders, stood there and took it while they beat me, held steady while they pulled out my beard, didn’t dodge their insults, faced them as they spit in my face. And the Master, God, stays right there and helps me, so I’m not disgraced. Therefore I set my face like flint, confident that I’ll never regret this. My champion is right here. Let’s take our stand together! Who dares bring suit against me?  Let him try! Look! The Master, God, is right here. Who would dare call me guilty? Look! My accusers are a clothes bin of threadbare socks and shirts, fodder for moths!” Isaiah 50:7-9 in The Message Bible

I love how these verses prove that God will stand by us even when we feel opposition.  Allow God to give you an assignment whether you feel qualified or not.

God created us to worship Him but also to be useful in His kingdom.  “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire” Mathew 7:19.    “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”  Ephesians 2:10.  “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart” Jeremiah 1:5

Be encouraged this Christmas Eve…. God uses those of us who feel the least to do the greatest things in His Kingdom.
lambJennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment