Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Tuesday’s Trench Lesson, cont.

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
EL pen Logo with heartWelcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and thanks so much for stopping by. Grab your coffee, or maybe that gingerbread latte, your SOF (Strand of Faith) and come on inside as I share from my heart to yours.

Have you ever had one of those moments where something was happening and a scripture came to mind? Now, please don’t get me wrong; I am far from well-versed in His love letters to us, especially when it comes to the addresses; however, I have been trying to become a bit more diligent about learning more of His promises so I can proclaim them in times of need. It seems lately I’ve been a bit needy because of full-on panic attacks which are brought on by my sinuses which get messed with in the changes of weather and seasons! Okay, so I just got side-tracked, sorry!

Anyway, there is a scripture that has come to life in my life so many times I’ve lost count, and that’s not boasting on me in any way, but in my/our Father whose words do not lie. They are promises you can take to the bank that will not bounce or come back void. They do not lie! But doesn’t it make it even more powerful when it actually comes to life in your life? So what’s the scripture you’re asking?

Well, it’s found in Joel 2:25 wherein God says to Joel: “I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten.” Now you may be wondering what in the world does this have to do with the price of eggs, especially since this seems to be talking about bugs and crops! Well, when we dig into this part of scripture and the history behind it, there is so much more to it than that. See, God is all about restoration…of anything that was taken by and through the hand of the enemy.

I actually see this over and over again not just in my life but in the life of our Transformers! I just loved hearing stories of restoration of/with their family members. It brought tears to my eyes as they recounted stories of relationships in the beginning stages of healing over the Thanksgiving holiday. Those of us who have experienced brokenness within family as  a result of addictions, abuse or whatever the enemy used can truly appreciate it when this restoration begins to peek out through the clouds of sadness, regret and longing.
See, I was one of those who suffered and lost family as a result of both addiction and abuse, and God is still working His restorative powers into the canvas of my life. I am able to recognize this truth now while I am actually experiencing it instead of missing it because I am not staying in the moment! See, I was for quite some time one that NEVER stayed in her moments but instead was frantically trying to plan the next moment, often missing the beauty of the present because of my past while trying to control my future! Ugh, what a futilely exhausting cycle! But God be praised…this cycle has slowed down so much and is nearly gone.

While I was in Texas I discovered a new hobby that could easily become a fun addiction; that of building Lego sets…with my granddaughter! There we sat for not one hour, not two, but three-and-a-half hours building a “Friends” Lego set! It was so much fun, just being…with her and being in her world, a part of her world! See the ability to stay in the moment is getting easier and easier.  Even my son remarked on it, amazed and he didn’t even try to hide his amazement for which I am truly grateful! I don’t know whose heart was more full, his or mine or my granddaughter’s!

I am so thankful for His word that comes alive in my life…too many times to count but I will never forget!

I challenge you…stay in your moments and maybe He will remind you of what He is restoring in you, for you that the enemy borrowed but couldn’t steal!

Love,
IMG_8444-2 blogEvinda

No comments:

Post a Comment