Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wednesday’s Word




Who’s Your Santa?




James 1:5: “If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you.”

Welcome to Wednesday’s Word @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United! I’m so blessed that you took the time to stop by. I pray you will be able to tie a few knots in your Strand of Faith as we talk about the types of gifts we ask for and who we ask!

I got a picture text a couple of weeks ago from our little Bryden’s grandma. It was him sitting on Santa’s lap, and underneath the picture were the words: “I heard him tell Santa he wants a remote control helicopter.”

My heart smiled and filled my soul. I absolutely love getting our grandkids what I know that I know that they really, really want! J

I quickly typed my text and sent it off, letting her know that his remote control helicopter had been ordered and was on its way already.

It brings me a happy feeling, a feeling of excited anticipation to see the look on their faces as they open their presents. They can be so, so expressive, enthusiastic, so incredibly joyful. It’s a good feeling to be part of that.

And then I read this verse in James and I marveled at the fresh reminder that our God is an emotional God and how it must make Him feel when we come to Him and ask Him for things, especially things that will be good for us in the classroom of life. He really does want to give us things…that will help us, not harm us, things that will aid in a better future, not weigh us down with unnecessary baggage.
Some people are of the belief that they are not supposed to ask Him for stuff for themselves; they say it’s selfish. There is such a thing as healthy selfish and this verse definitely contradicts the belief that we are not to pray for gifts for ourselves. Our Father is a good, good Father wanting to shower His kids with good things.

So let’s put this down here, and change it up a little by inserting your name where appropriate and put what you’re lacking: If you, Evinda, are lacking finances, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you.

Let’s try another one:
If you, _______, are lacking understanding in your current situation, ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you.
And one more:

If you, _______, are lacking love for an unlovable, ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you.

Go ahead, it’s your turn. Ask Him…He’s the real deal, not a fairy tale like Santa!

Love,
Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment