Friday, January 20, 2017

Faith Filled Friday



Hello and welcome back everyone. Good to be back after being under the weather last week. Today I had a friend that typed up on social media that she had a smog test and had inadvertently taken in the wrong car. I wondered how that could happen, but I think her and her husband switch out which car they use frequently. It seemed so funny to me as I could envision the smog tech looking at her like she was really out of it for the day. I have come to love people who are not afraid to let the things they do that are a bit silly hang out for others to laugh. These things can cheer me up when I am quite down. After reading her post, I caught myself wondering if God has this clever way of letting us be the silly humans we are just so that we can make another person smile or laugh. 

To me that's the magic of life. We don't always need the cruise, or the concert or the expensive outing. Sometimes life is just great when we have friends that share life with us. Sometimes they share things with us that are sad as well. It's all a wavelength that I believe God wants us to ride, to be there for one another, but also to laugh with each other.

I am trying to overcome my isolation bit by bit. I want to be part of this network... the one where I not only inhale oxygen, but emotions, things that are funny. I have still maintained some form of networking to the world and friends, but it's been so long since I made new friends out there in the world. It's been so long since I dipped my feet in the cold water of a lake or even the ocean. It’s been so long since I absorbed in the way that I once did. I want to take it all in. I want to feel it not only in the heart but on the tips of my fingers all the way down to my toes. 

It's so funny how something someone wrote can make us think, and drive us to get out in the car and write a blog to the sound of the rain pitter-pattering on my car. Oh, it’s so peaceful. It feels good to write to you all in a different light, under a different roof, right in the middle of a storm. Isn’t it funny the things that can set off a wave of thought and send our thoughts scampering all over the place. And isn’t it remarkable the things we do that can have an effect upon others’?

Life is so much better when we don't miss these moments of expression and absorption. So please share those moments with your friends and family. They might seem small and irrelevant but they are truly the great little spices of life.

Much love to inhale and take in from above my friends... Be well.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment